New music and art by DMLH, plus other good tunes for all tomorrow's leaders.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

yes. this is ACTUALLY HAPPENING



I have been working on this album for the past year. It has been a process of writing, performance, reflection, editing, writing, recording, listening, editing, writing, performance and recording. I am very pleased to have met Joe Cyrus who was kind enough to let me take home some of his beats and begin work on this project. We have found a mutual love for soul music and positive energy and it has led to some incredible songs and great times.

This album is many conversations at once. It is my response to Joe's production. It is my response to the music of my brother. It is my response to the multitudes of beauty i find in the creative communities I take part in. It is my response to a falling world. It is a statement of where I am at, so that I may someday recall the moment. It is a letter to the friends I've lost touch with, and even to those I see every day.

This is a remedy for a broken heart.

This is ACTUALLY HAPPENING

No comments: