New music and art by DMLH, plus other good tunes for all tomorrow's leaders.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Forest World - sweet electro pop from provo

This week I have been jamming out to some sweet electro indie pop from provo, utah called forest world. I got a friend request at the start fires myspace and checked it out, then decided to write because i was enjoying the music. Well, sean wrote back and sent me a download of a bunch of their material (which you can get too if you want, just email them) and I have been bumping it ever since, while i clean the house or google away my day, or thumping out the window while caustic and I painted a new free book box for boise. The vocals kind of remind me of the simple sweetness of eskimo and sons with a less restrained postal service vibe to the beat...i want to hear it in a hot summer basement with a bunch of people dancing, or else coming out of a small radio taped to some handlebars. I think they are playing in seattle sometime soon and looking to make it to portland this summer.

anyway its worth a listen and definitely making its way onto the upcoming summer mix.

bury me with my money!
http://myspace.com/forestworld

No comments: