New music and art by DMLH, plus other good tunes for all tomorrow's leaders.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

collage insert from the start fires album

While we were recording, mixing and mastering our album in portland this past february, we took some time out to make a double sided collage poster, which we then copied and included in the hand-packaged first edition of the cd. While I was making my side I realized that I had subconsciously encorporated many representitive aspects of my life expereince. Upon its completion I held a roadmap to many parts of my soul, past, present and future all at once. Very interesting process indeed.


click to enlarge


I am in Austin right now for the South By South West music festival and just took some time out to have it scanned at the local copy shop, so I could finally share it with everyone who has yet to get a copy of the cd. Want one? hit me up: dmlh@startfires.com or just make a contribution of $15 or more at startfires.bandcamp.com, where you can name your own price for the download ($10 gets you all the tracks).

1 comment:

Caustic said...

i really do love that flyer